Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bloom 2013 - Dwarf Tomato Plant (Proxy Images)

Proxy image of a fully grown dwarf tomato plant. Mine wasn't nearly as plentiful and I soon discovered that growing tomatoes require that you give them enough room to grow and lots of sun & water)
Me and my girlfriend both picked up a tomato kit for sale at K-Mart last year complete that came with a few seeds and ceramic pot. After adding the soil to the pot, I planted several  of the seeds although the instructions stated to plant only one. My girl Ironellys on the other hand planted a tomato forest and sprinkled more seeds in the pot than I can count. I soon learned found out that tomatoes need their root space to grow well and so to promote growth, I ended up cutting down a few of the extra tomato plants. My mini tomato plant started to bear green tomatoes and it took about a week for them to redden. I successfully mustered up the courage and ate some of my harvest without any ill effects which I'm still proud of. Its pretty amazing how I basically grew my own food which is why I'm looking to grow some more veggies this winter.


Yellow Tomato Flower
Tomato seedlings. At this stage they already smell like tomatoes, which I found intriguing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment