Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bloom 2014 - Impatiens (Jewelweed, Touch-me-not, Snapweed)

Life Cycle: Annual
Uses: Beds, Containers
Sun: Full Shade, Part Sun
Soil: Neutral to slightly acidic
Water: Lightly to moderately
Spread: 12-14 Inches
Bloom Duration: 14 Weeks
Height: 10-14 Inches
8/26/2014
These impatiens have been in bloom for over a month now lasting a week before falling off and the leaves have grown quite large and are a deep forest green. 
8/11/2014
The green foliage growth on my Impatiens has increased dramatically and there's a new bloom almost daily.

7/23/2014
The Burpee seeds I bought were a mixed variety and came in pink and purple as you see and also white. Wish there was a way to tell which color is which before you plant the seed.
7/21/2014
I usually remove the wilting flowers at this point and wait for the budding ones to take its place.
7/18/2014

7/17/2014
My first blooms of the season, pink Impatiens.
 These flowered yesterday and today the second flower bud also bloomed. These seem to grow pretty well crowded - I planted 3 inside a small pot and they just keep getting bigger. I found these easy to grow, hard to over-water, and find that they make a great indoor plant. The foliage shape is quite lovely and covers a lot of ground so the leaves on this plant seem to be a decoration in itself. But I'll get the pruning scissors ready just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment