Thursday, July 17, 2014

My First Bloom 2013 - California Red Poppy (Proxy Images)

It was close to three months tending my plants before my first bloom, a Red California Poppy. The seeds I bought were California orange but I wasn't complaining, my bloom was a lovely and welcome sight nonetheless. I remember watering it in my balcony early morning and it hadn't quite bloomed yet but a few hours later I find it fully bloomed with those eye-catching red petals fanned out towards the sun. The thing about Poppies are that they start looking pretty miserable and wilted just after a few days and soon after the petals start falling off. The next time I grow these I might group a few different varities in different pots and stagger the time I seed them so I can watch them bloom several times instead of once.

Full grown Red California Poppy

Macro shot of a Poppy  flower about to bloom

Poppy seedling

No comments:

Post a Comment